Tuesday, September 20, 2011

That time of year again.. .

. . .you know the time of year. . . when you wake up to cool crisp air. . .you pick apples in the orchard . .your home is filled the smell of homemade apple pie and all you want to do is snuggle up under a blanket with your knitting. . .oh how I LOVE fall!



The three of us ventured out to Douglas Orchards in Shoreham, VT on Saturday. We usually go once a year because you can pick your own and they have all sorts of other kid friendly things going on. Luckily this year we went early and thus. . .we can go again!













Brooke's second year of apple picking went well. . .she loved it! A little too much actually. The only way we could convince her to leave was to give her an apple to eat for the ride home.




Sunday was filled with baking an apple pie and my first crust all from scratch and lots of knitting. Brooke and I actually snuggled for quite a while on the couch. . .she loves Elmo. .I love to knit. . .together it is just the perfect afternoon :)

Ya - I know, suppose to be studying but I just can't bring myself to get serious again until I get that FAR score back. . .its almost that time. . .come on 75!

No comments:

Blogging tips