Thursday, October 20, 2011

An enjoyable knit or two

Brooke and I had a wonderful trip to the NY Sheep & Wool this past weekend. I barely noticed the yarn or fibers because I was so busy chasing her around the sheep barns. We really had a great time. I left with my best knitting bud, two skeins of beautiful yarn, and a happy sleeping baby dreaming of jumping sheep. What more could you ask for in a perfect day:)

Later that night just before bedtime she had two stuff animal sheep in her arms and said . . ."mama. . .two sheep!". Not bad for an 18 month old. Sheep are not only great for knitting but for counting as well.




So this weekend I finished snowbird by Heidi Kirrmaier. Really easy pattern to follow, knit from the top-down so you can try it on as you go and tailor to your own shape. I chose Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed. Yarn is soft and has beautiful flex of color throughout for a nice tweed look. This yarn has a nice feel to wear and work with and I think it will hold up nicely over the years.



With this project finished I decided to go with something that would have a little more speed coming off my needles and a little more portable as well. I am at the half way point in my race for my CPA license so Topiary by Michele Wang seemed like a good fit. Yarn is the suggested Brooklyn Tweed Shelter. This is a really great yarn. Colors are to die for and the feel is a good soft quality wool. I am very impressed and would buy this yarn again in the future for sure.





No comments:

Blogging tips