Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Runway Brooke 2013

Spring has finally arrived!  The birds are singing, tax season is over, I am running outside!!!. . .but yet my sewing project list has not taken off. . . .hmmm??? (scratch the head).  Oh bother.

Let me think about this. . .think . . .think, think . . .

Motivation!  Inspiration!  That is what I need!  What motivates me?

My motivation will be "Runway Brooke 2013".  I will work on at least one (but I am really hoping for two - shoot for the moon right?) projects per month for Brooke.  Nothing motivates me more than doing something for her.  She was my pushing force through the CPA exam so this will be easy.

Some projects will be for personal use only but I have a long list of projects I can make for resale so this will be a good way to test the pattern and get a sample.

First up for the month of May (there is no way I can get this done by month end) is the Up Town Girl jacket by Make It Perfect.  This pattern is for personal use only but Brooke really needs a spring jacket so resale items are just going to have to wait a bit.

In the spirit of spring I chose two bright and warm colors. . .popping pink and golden yellow.  The yellow is a Damask and the popping pink is Joel Dewberry's primrose from the notting hill collection.  This jacket is reversible so I think the colors will complement each other nicely.


Evening #1 - fabric washed and pattern pieces traced and cut out.

Speaking of which - tracing paper!

After reading this post Swedish Tracing Paper by Rae of made-by-rae I purchased some tracing paper on Amazon per her recommendation.  I thought I would give it a whirl since I cringe at the thought of tracing patterns.  It kind of puts me over the edge a little.  But this paper is great!  Its sewable, light enough to trace through, but sturdy at the same time, and pretty inexpensive.  I will always have some on my self for those patterns I can not live with out and are not pdf printable.  If you haven't tried it, try it!

No comments:

Blogging tips