Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Emily Bag and The 201 Stitch Cowl

I purchased the Emily Bag pattern on ithinksew a while ago and finally got to break it out for a test run this past week.  This bag is for a birthday gift but is also a test run to see if I like the pattern enough to considering making it for resale.  


Results were good.  This pattern was not difficult to put together, nor was it too time consuming, . . . and the final product turned out really nice. 



Love the colors!  The only thing I would do differently in making another bag is to either use home decor weight fabric or interface the outside layer instead of or as well as the inside layer to give the bag a more sturdy feel.  This bag is for a 16 year old girl who loves Vera Bradley.  I think it will do the job.  


My favorite part was learning to put in magnetic snaps and the inside pocket.  I embarrassingly admit I have never used magnetic snaps before (sigh and roll eyes) . . . I don't know why.  They are so simple to put in and give a really nice professional look.  


I also put in one of my twill tags.  I like them but it does bug me that they were printed a little uncentered.  Oh well I will use them up and look for new ones.  

So I really think this will be one of the bags I sell at craft fairs this summer and fall.  I am already thinking of all the fun fabric combinations.  But first I have a few Brookie projects that must take priority.  She really needs a spring jacket so that is my next priority.

On the knitting front.  I have started another 201 stitch cowl (aka Chickadee Cowl ) for . . .ME!  I have made two of these for friends.  Both of which almost had to be ripped from my crafting fingers (little sigh and grumble).  

This one is knitted with madelinetosh yarn (YUM!) which I picked at Rhinebeck this fall.  I love the colors!  It will be a perfect piece for the fall.

However I can really wait to wear it though . .I am ready to get outside!  This winter weather has been hanging on for way too long! Time to play and run outside with my energetic 3 year old!

Oh and guess what. . .tomorrow is April 15th!  I can finally stick my head outside of the tunnel . . .woohoo!  Our office is closed on Friday so I have an entire sewing day to myself. . .a whole day. . .whole day!  Then a two day weekend to follow!  Brooke and I have BIG plans! BIG!

No comments:

Blogging tips