Sunday, January 4, 2009

Progress. . .and new project decisions

Well the week has been quite busy as usual. Our office was closed on Thursday and I spent the day at the yarn shop even though it was closed entering the remainder of the inventory into the POS system. Joel spent the day skim coating the plaster walls and painting his hunting/fishing room. Needless to say. . .not a day of rest. . . but you have to take these days as opportunities to get things done or they will never happen.


I spent most of the week last on the phone with tech support at our office. I have now developed a close relationship with a guy named Chris since i spent at least 8 hours on the phone with him this week alone! Finally we figured it out. . .you see we have decided to go paperless at our office . . which will be great. . .once the bugs are worked out. But right now it is sooooo time consuming. Especially when there are so many things I want to get a jump on before tax season starts.

On the home front, we have a lot of progress on the walls. We should have them finished for painting next weekend. The skim coat worked great, the sanding just takes time and you have to let the skim coat dry a day. I am very impressed with my husband. He really has done a fantastic job and been a trooper! Especially since he does most of the work. I can paint but the skim coat and sanding. . .its just better that i don't go there.

I also finished the pawprints cardigan for my friend Rita's little boy Maddox. He was born in November but I have been dragging out the last part of the project. The sweater wasn't hard, just out of cotton and I just do not want to knit with cotton in the winter. . .I want my wool!

Maddox is absolutely adorable. . .he is such a little peanut just like her daughter Cadence was. A very good baby too. We ate dinner at the Palms and he barely fussed at all. . .she is so lucky . . .once again!




Almost finished with the Cambridge vest. I have one shoulder to do and then the edging. Excellent project and excellent yarn. Rowan really knows what the are doing.



With the Cambridge Vest almost done I am pondering the idea of the next project. Unfortunately even though working in a yarn store is fun and inspiring . . it is also hard to behave in. . .I have acquired the following and I am not sure what to knit next. I have also made the new years resolution to knit more from my stash so i have some room in my craft room to do things in. . . . We will see how that goes. . . .



Socks obviously. . .not sure on the pattern yet. or . . . . use this



to make these



http://www.knotions.com/issues/fall_2008/patterns/oak_leaf/directions.aspx



or make the habitat hat by Jared flood out of this. . . .


Haven't found a sock pattern for this either. . .

Or this yet. . . .


Or this one. . .




hmmm. . .or this one either


Since I am not religious . . I am now placing my hand on the fiber and repeating. . .I will knit from my stash. . my stash only (not the yarn stores) . . so help my fiber. K1P1.

No comments:

Blogging tips