Monday, December 29, 2008

Pretty and not so pretty

What did I do on my Christmas break? Well we had Christmas on Friday the 26th instead of Christmas day so I convinced my husband to start the dining room. . . .not so pretty underneath all that wallpaper though. . . .
This house was built in 1907 and this could very well be some of the original plaster walls for all I know. . .its dry and patched . ..everywhere!

I keep telling myself that it is like a big craft project. . .its fun . . . . really! It can only get better . . . . . .and before that . . . .it has to get worse to get better.

So needless to say . . .this is no weekend project. Joel is going to skim coat this week and hopefully next weekend we can paint.

If the skim coat doesn't work out we can always use the paintable wallpaper.

At least the friggin' flowers are gone!

On another note. . .the Cambridge vest is coming out great. . .I am actually on the front now. .and the yarn is such a treasure to knit with. Feels so nice!


I also finished Twilight this weekend. . .what an amazing book. . .I couldn't put it down. . .I read 300 pages this weekend! Highly recommended. . .if you love Harry Potter. . .you will love this series. Joel and I also went to see Marley and Me. . we both read the book and couldn't wait to see the movie. I am of course a huge Jennifer Aniston fan and wouldn't pass it up for a second. Be prepared to cry though. . but a good cry. . .I use to never cry at movies. . .we both left with puffy eyes and Barley spent the night snuggled in between us. How could you not love that face.

No comments:

Blogging tips