Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I really love to sew!!!

 Having the best time sewing right now.  I absolutely love it.  Made this little number for Brooke last weekend from a free pattern on the Oliver + S website.  (http://oliverands.com/free-patterns/ruffled-halter).
 I did make a few changes.  1.  I serged the edge of each ruffle layer and sewed a 1/4 inch hem instead of just sewing a 1/4 inch along the raw edged and allowing it to fray.  The frayed look is just not my style.
 2.  I put 1/4 inch elastic in the back halter edge so that it fits nicely in the back and then has the ability to grow with her as she gets bigger.  Without it I thought the back was way too loose in my opinion.
Hope to get some great shots of her in it soon.  Got one on my iPhone but it is not great.  On to more happy sewing. . .have lots of projects in mind.

No comments:

Blogging tips