Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Pink dress


The "Pink Dress" by Lily Bird Studio (you can find this pattern on etsy).  Pattern is very well written although I was a little confused on the cutting out of the next piece but I just had to sit down and map it out in my head before I cut.  This pattern comes in sized from 12 months to 8 years and is a printable pdf pattern which are my favorite.  Quite frankly . . .all patterns should come this  way!!!  No tracing paper. . .just reprint in the size you want!


Picked up this fabric recently at the Waterwheel House Quilt Shop in Londonderry VT.  Great quilt shop with lots of modern fabric  . . .just my style!  The trim fabric was actually a sale fabric and at $12 for two yards. . .you can't go wrong.


Made a size 2T which only called for 1/2 a yard of each so I have plenty of fabric left for other projects.


Not a lot of serving required in this project so if you don't have a serger this is a good project and would not require a lot of zig zagging.  I do have one (I really dislike the zig zag stitch) and serged all open edges to keep them from fraying.

So if you are looking for a fun dress project. . .check out Lily Bird Studio on Etsy . . she has a ton of great patterns and this is the second one I have used and I have been very impressed with both thus far. One happy crafter:)

No comments:

Blogging tips