Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mocha Cupcakes, fall knitting, & knitting accessory bags





Mocha cupcakes for a work birthday this week.  Recipe via http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2010/08/13/mocha-cupcakes-with-espresso-buttercream-frosting/

My review:  I was so so on the cupcake. . .think I would try Martha Stewarts devils food cupcake with a espresso powder twist next time but the frosting was fabulous.  I do however caution . . .make a double batch, I tend to pipe a lot of frosting on my cupcakes and I had only enough for 11 cupcakes.  Thankfully not everyone was in the office because I did not have time enough to whip up another batch that morning before work.  But if you are lighter on the frosting you might be good.



I also topped them with chocolate covered espresso beans that I found at the Woodstock Farmers Market in Woodstock Vermont.  They were delicious!  I am actually making some grasshopper cupcakes today for stamp club tomorrow night and I think they will make a great topper as well since the frosting is baileys flavored cream cheese frosting.  Yum!

























Welcome Fall!!!! The cooler fall nights have finally arrived and the leaves are starting to turn. . .apples are ready to pick and my urge to bake and knit is stronger than ever!  So with that said I pulled out some Rowan tweed from my stash and the Yorkshire tweed book and away my needles click.

I also took some scraps from my sewing stashed and whipped up some needle cases to sell at the yarn shop. . .what a great use of scraps!

Last weeks missed post was due to my recovery.  I ran my second 1/2 marathon this year.  (I ended up finishing 2:14:50, not my ideal but it was hot and humid . . .and a much harder race than the Covered Bridges).  I am proud that I ran up those monster hills because it shows accomplishment . . . .last year I would have nothing to do with hills. . .now I am mastering them!  These will be great stories for Brooke someday :)

No comments:

Blogging tips