Sunday, January 13, 2013

One for you . . .and one for me


As I come off from the holiday gift making season I feel the need to be a little selfish. . . but not completely.  I just can't resist those big blue eyes and the words "you make me one mama?"  


 Lucky for me, the hat I made Brooke last week only took one skein of Rowan Big Wool from my stash.   However, there was only two and the last one looked completely lost without the other.  So I used it to whip up a matching pink scarf. 


They really should be together.  Some things are just meant to be right?


Brooke seems to think so.  She was so warm and cozy that she feel asleep in her sled while going down the rail trail with my husband.  I guess this yarn really did have a purpose.


 And finally a little selfishness for me.  One yard of a rayon print made into an infinity scarf.  Quick and easy selfish project that you can put together in an hour.


I love it.  Looks great with my black J Jill dress and black boots.  A nice addition to my office attire.  The time frame is great for this project as well since I only have one day a week off right now.  Tax season is here once again.  Oh how quickly it comes . . .kind of like the holidays. . .fun and exciting but stressful and exhausting.  But in the end. . .you can't wait until next year.  Yep, that is sick and twisted!

No comments:

Blogging tips