Sunday, December 7, 2008

Yarn shop in Rutland and home renovations begin. . .

Well it has been a while since I have blogged anything, we moved into our home, unpacked for the most part and have started renovations. . .well just painting but it is a lot of work and time! We started with the biggest room of the house (the living room) which is 13ft by 24ft. The wall paper wasn't bad but we thought we would get the largest room out of the way.


See this isn't really bad wallpaper. . .wait until I show you photos of the dining room . . .ick!

One layer of wallpaper off. . .then steam the second and you have sealed plaster walls. . .(at least they are sealed!). This house was built in 1907 so it still has the original plaster walls.








We chose to paint the walls. . .I really hate wallpaper. . .it just isn't me. We also chose a earthy green tea color that I just love! Joel likes it to!








And even more exciting news! Rutland has a yarn shop! Friends of mine opened Green Mountain Fibers last weekend and it is just fabulous! I am working some Saturdays there and handling their bookkeeping for them. It is an excellent space so check it out!




Before I can post any knitting. . .I need to take some photos. . .I have finished a scarf, a sweater, a hat, and I am almost done with a pair of socks. . . .see I have been really busy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! A yarn shop in Rutland. Now, I'll have one more stop to make, on my occasional visits there.

Great choice on the paint color. I'm with you... I'd rather have paint than wallpaper, any day.

I wonder how far you are from me? Maybe 30 minutes? We should get together some time, (if you are into meetings strangers from the internet...). :)

Blogging tips