Sunday, January 22, 2012

Back in the old routine and checking off the list!

While anxiously awaiting my last test score (hopefully by February 3rd) I dusted off my running shoes once again. I sadly put these away a few months ago when I got to the peak of my running season last year. In October I was running at least 6 miles twice a week . . .which may not seem like a lot to some but from a girl that use to hate gym class. . .it was awesome! I felt amazing! But with the cold weather and my study & work schedule it just became impossible to get to the gym. We have no room for a treadmill in our house so I just gave it up until the exam was over.

So I broke out my sneaks and worked out a schedule so that even during tax season I am still getting to the gym 3 times a week. And boy what a great feeling. . .you grumble all the way there the first time or two but by the third time you start to feel like you need it as much as sleep.

10.5 miles for my first week . . .3, 3.5, & 4. Not bad at all. I was worried since it took me forever last year to get past 3 miles. . .but I finally learned to slow down if you want to go the distance and to not worry about the speed. . .speed will come later. So for now a 10 1/2 or 11 mile is good enough! I will get back to my 8 1/2 or 9 later.



And my noro blanket is coming together. . .one more square! How exciting! I love it already. I never would have thought I could get through an entire blanket and not hate it by the end. It must be the noro. . .you can’t hate noro!


No comments:

Blogging tips