Monday, June 4, 2012

13.1. . . I did it!

Extremely excited that I was able to complete my first 1/2 marathon (Woodstock VT Covered Bridge Half Marathon) yesterday and in a good time to boot! 

I started training this winter and was doing great until I got sick just two weeks ago so I was quite nervous going into the race yesterday.  The last long run I had done was two weeks prior and the most I could get in was a few 3 mile runs. . .However, the day was cool and perfect and I timed my GU packets/water just right. . .pulled it off in 2:00:31.  It was just a good run. . .felt great. . .couldn't have asked for a better day.  I really thought I would have to walk some of it but I didn't!  Ran the entire 13.1 miles! Woohoo!!!



My best friend and I just after coming across the finish line . .she was just in front of me. . .can't believe I kept up with her.  

Feeling it today though. . .guess I am in recovery for a few days before I run again. . .but it was worth it.

No comments:

Blogging tips