Saturday, March 23, 2013

Simple coasters

What to do with those left over scraps?  Well, if you can get eight 4 1/2 inch x 4 1/2 inch squares you can throw together some cute matching coasters.

Simple but fun.  Two 4 1/2 inch squares sandwiched with one square of cotton batting.  As I did with the pot holders I quilted five times around each square working from the outside to the inside with my quarter inch guide foot (the first foot I ever bought and used constantly).  The pot holders were quilted a 1/2 inch apart.  And I will do the same with the placemats (coming soon).

I am thinking these will be a great way to use up scraps and will be great for craft fairs.  Tied with some twill and pretty tag.  What a great gift to give or to and gift.  Set of 4 for $8 or 6 for $12.

No comments:

Blogging tips