Sunday, May 19, 2013

Runway Brooke: Uptown Jacket


And Finally. . .the first piece off Runway Brooke 2013.  The Uptown Jacket.  
Pattern:  Uptown Girl
Pattern by: Makeitperfect
Fabric:  Primrose by Joel Dewberry



Love this fabric.  Its so bright and fun.  I have never been much of a pink person until Brooke came along.  It's just her signature color.  Brings out the pink in her cheeks :) 
Pure happiness!


And the most impressive thing is that  . . .she LOVES it!  I had to talk her into taking it off since it was a little hot for a jacket.  I am thrilled that she likes it.  Will give me the inspiration I need for runway project #2.    
I think project #2 will be a skirt.


I highly recommend this pattern.  Easy to follow pieces and instructions.  I actually think this pattern is now downloadable.  Big Woohoo!  

The one change I made in constructing this jacket was to use a home decor weight for the outside layer and thus I did not need to interface the fabric.  The weight of the home decor fabric is just perfect with a light or mid weight cotton for a Vermont spring.  

Come fall I think I want to make another out of corduroy with a nice flannel lining.  


I am definitely interest in some of the other patterns listed on her site. . . . but need to finish a few other projects first.  

So if you haven't checked out the Uptown Girl Jacket pattern . . .I highly recommend it.  
Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Blogging tips