Friday, May 31, 2013

Finishing an old project


As I am in the process of cleaning out the house and prepping it to put on the market for sale I have been slowly going through my yarn bins and reviewing old unfinished projects.  What to do with them?    They have two choices. . .finish them or sell the yarn . . .they can't live here anymore!

This project was started in 2009 according to my Ravelry log.  The Pattern is Vaila by Gudrun Johnston in Malabrigo (very yummy to knit with).  I started it.. . . put it down to work on something else and then couldn't find where I was.  GRRRRRR I hate that!  So I put it away in a bin until last week.

Here is the hard part:  I took it out and ripped it all the way down to the rib!  I was at the point photographed in the picture above too!  Very painful!   But I did it and now I am past that point and onto the sleeves!  Woohoo!  There is hope for this project yet!

Really enjoying this sweater now.  I am so glad I took the plunge and did it.  It's beautiful yarn and deserves to be worn and enjoyed not stuffed in a plastic tub!  Revisit your old unfinished projects because you never know what kind of excitement you might reignite :)

No comments:

Blogging tips