Monday, June 3, 2013

2013 Race #1 Down


I have been training for weeks now for the CBHM (Covered Bridge Half Marathon) race but I don't think I could have prepared for such a hard run yesterday.  It was brutally HOT!  Humid with highs close to 90 degrees.  Something we are just not use to here in Vermont in early June.  Last week we had snow, rain, and sleet for the Vermont City Marathon.  Just crazy extreme weather lately.

Although I did not beat my time of 2:00:30 last year coming in at 2:18:40 this year I am just happy to say that I ran the entire thing and made it the end without injury or sickness.  Many people were taken off in ambulances, passed out at the end, or were extremely sick at the finish line.  I have never seen so many people that sick.


In the end though it was a great day.  And Brooke came to see me run! . . .she clapped and cheered on the sidelines which was a BIG incentive for me keep running to the end.  This is the first time she has really understood running and for the past few weeks we have been running together at the end of my run up and down the side walk.  She gets so excited.  I Love it!  She's my motivation and my luck charm at the same time.


I have been seriously considering a full marathon in a few years when Brooke is a little older but yesterday when I got to mile 13 I remember thinking. . .I am so glad this is NOT the half way point.  Ugh. . .still thinking about it . . .but for now I will stick to the half marathons.  It took me a while to get here so it will take me a while to get to a full.  Just glad I can share these accomplishments with Brooke and hope it encourages her to push herself to reach her goals.

No comments:

Blogging tips