Friday, July 5, 2013

Runway Brooke: 4th of July skirt


Happy 4th of July!!!  



Hope yours was a nice and relaxing as ours . . .just less humid!  The entire east coast has been stuck for the past two weeks in this mix of hot humid weather that spikes dangerous thunderstorms that drop buckets of rain and wind.  Lots of sporadic flooding and damage.  Hard to plan any type of outside activity or event.

We did luck out yesterday though.  It was hot and humid but we only saw a short sprinkle all day.  

First I got up super early and sewed Brooke a quick skirt.  Took about 1 1/2 hours total I think since I was making coffee and starting laundry at the same time.  But it was quick enough to finish before we all headed to the 5k race in town.  She loved it!  

Race was good but very very humid.  My husband of course started out in the back with Brooke in the stroller and then breezed by me finishing in like 23 minutes (with a stroller) while I came in at 26:45.  Which is actually good considering how humid it was.  I was dripping sweat before I even ran a step.  

Blah!  Hoping for some cool dry weather soon.

We finished the day with a great dinner on the grill and some homemade strawberry ice cream.  Then lounged by the kiddie pool and off to fireworks at the school.  Brooke was so worn out that she fell asleep in my arms right before they started and slept through the entire display.  They were loud so she must have been beat!



The skirt if just quick and simple.  Kind of following the Lazy Day Skirt guide but not completely.  
Came out great though!  The pattern is free so it you don't have it downloaded.  Click on the link above and download to your library.  A great basic.


The fabric was actually given to me so I am not sure of the brand or where you can get it.  A friend of mine was cleaning out her fabric stash and gave me the left overs.  She had used it many years ago for her girls for the same purpose.  Some things never go out of style.  It just seems very Ralph Lauren to me.


All American. 

No comments:

Blogging tips