Sunday, January 9, 2011

A New Year. . .

2011 is finally here and what joy it brings. 2010 was a wonderful year because a beautiful little girl was brought into my life . . . but a tough year as well. Change, although it may be a wonderful thing. . . is not always easy. I love my little pumpkin with all my heart and I am so glad she is here . . but you couldn't pay me a million dollars to do that over again. . .no way.

And changing. . .oh is she ever! Things happen so quickly. . .like a switch being turned on. It is so amazing how one day she struggles to pull herself up onto the foot stool and then the next day its as if she has done it a million time before. What little sponges they are. . I look forward so much to her talking and teaching her things.

2011 brings more time for projects. . .with little Brooke growing and playing by herself for short periods of time I am starting to have little tiny bits of free time. I anticipate my sewing skills expanding this year. . .like knitting it just takes time to build those skills.
Planning Christmas and birthday projects early this year too. I purchased this moda fabric yesterday at knits and bolts to make my sister the Amy Butler Birdie Sling bag. . .I spent Christmas this year making little make up bags. They were simple but a little challenge since it required learning how to put in a zipper. I made about 15 of them and now I am ready for another challenge.

On the knitting front. . .I started this just after I went back to work from maternity leave in July. I have been working on it here and there for months but it is now coming along quite well. The pattern is Tallulah from the Rowan "Lima Collection". I purchased the lima yarn at webs since it is quite expensive. However, I really like the yarn and the color "Amazon" is just amazing in the natural light. . my photo does not do it justice at all. This pattern is challenging but fun. . .lots of baby cables and bobbles and I am excited about making a hood. . .I have never done this before. I really look forward to photographing it outside in good light when its finished.

No comments:

Blogging tips